I did 40 last year when you could, you know, do 25 alone on W2B. Here are 10 to get you started with 10 more to come later in the week.
1. Josh Stewart will lead the team in receptions – Gundy’s already said it will be either Stewart or Randle and I just can’t bring myself to believe that an offense led by Todd Monken will allow a running back be its leading receiver.
2. Gilbert moves into a tie for 3rd in kick returns – He has four and trails 4th place Brandon Banks (K-State) and 3rd place Ashlan Davis (Tulsa) with five and six respectively. And he might get both in the first game.
3. Wes Lunt throws 30 TD – It’s only happened three times in OSU history but it’s also never not happened since OSU installed the air raid. The freshman record is 36 (Bradford).
4. OSU Leads the Big 12 in scoring offense for the third straight year – They led by a TD in 2010 and by three last year over the fightin’ Griffins. The margin, if it exists, won’t be nearly as comfortable but I think it still exists.
5. OSU starts 15+ guys on defense – Did you realize the Cowboys only started 13 different guys on defense last season? Unheard of, and won’t happen again.
6. Joe Randle goes 25+ TDs again – They’re going to ride him all season so barring the i-word I see him getting this. He put up a TD every eight carries (208 total) last year1 so that might not happen again but he’ll also catch more than 43 balls for 2 TD out of the backfield. I see a 18-8 rush/receiving split. Something like that.