1. Jenni Carlson reports Todd Monken doesn’t know what the offense will be next year – “On a morning that Monken met with the media for the first time since being named OSU playcaller, he was asked what the Cowboys would look like next season.’That is an interesting question because I really don’t know. It is unique, it’s like playing Madden. Pick out some plays and just start dialing it up. I’m being silly, but it is.'” (News OK)
2. Rivals releases its 2011 football poll – What’s with all these publications releasing polls around Valentine’s Day? I know it generates interest and attracts pageviews (I’m linking to them after all) but it’s a little early, no? (Rivals)
3. OSU picked to finish 6th in baseball by coaches – That seems a little high. I know they’re returning five starters from last year but is that a good thing when you went 8-19 in conference play? (okstate.com)
4. Jake Trotter on Bedlam in December – “Neither the Big 12 nor the two Bedlam schools have an announcement, but all signs point to Bedlam moving to December, along with probably at least one other conference game.” (News OK)
5. Bill Haisten announcing new coordinator salaries – “OSU has not announced 2011 compensation figures, but a source close to the Cowboy program reported on Monday that each of the three coordinators – Joe DeForest on special teams, Bill Young on defense and Todd Monken on offense – will be paid $400,000 this year.” It’s unbelievable to me that someone who is in charge of the portion of an organization that performs about once every ten times the organization as a whole performs is paid $400,000. Unbelievable. (Tulsa World)
6. Rush the Court has OSU #10 in the Big 12 – “The Cowboys dropped their only game on the week and have a bit of inner turmoil with some off-court issues. It will be interesting to see how well Travis Ford can hold things together.” (Rush the Court)
I thought this was…ironic.
“I notice friends and family that always wished they could play college ball or play in the NBA, but never got the opportunity or didn’t realize the opportunity was there and didn’t take it.” -Matt Pilgrim
Jimmer-mania has just been taken to a new level. Anybody else think we need a Tebow/Jimmer video rap-off? That could get escalated in a HURRY.
In case you want to watch the entire press conference, here’s Gundy introducing the new guys and here are the three newbie football coaches. Lastly, Hoopism (my new favorite basketball blog) arguably topped their dunk contest YouTube contraption from last week with this game-winning shot one.