In honor of the visiting opponent this weekend, I’ll be using the term “higher” rather than “greater” on this week’s prop bets.
1) OSU -8.5 vs TCU
I’ve noticed that Vegas tends to take advantage of people’s short-term memories. Last weekend TCU lost at home to Tech and OSU took care of Iowa State in Stillwater. Well the weekend before, OSU looked sloppy (So I heard. I was at a wedding) against the worst team in the conference and TCU won big on the road against a team with an explosive offense and poor defense (Baylor). No matter what I say, 85% of you are still going to take the Cowboys here.
2) Over/Under number of interceptions for Brown & Gilbert: 0.08
Why 0.08? Because that’s what Casey Pachall blew on his breathalyzer when he was stopped by police on Thursday, October 4th.
3) Which will be higher: The number of OSU players that record at least one reception or the number of rushing attempts by OSU running backs not named Joseph Randle?
I remember when we found out Michael Harrison wouldn’t see the playing field this season. “Oh, that’s alright. We’re crazy deep at WR.” Tracy Moore, Isaiah Anderson and CJ Curry (I feel like I missed someone) disagree.
4) Over/Under on how many Big 12 Underdogs cover the spread this weekend: 1.5 (Kansas +21 vs Texas; Baylor +2.5 at Iowa State; TCU +8.5 at OSU, Texas Tech +7.5 at Kansas State)
Kansas has covered both Big 12 games in Lawrence (TCU & OSU) and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Horns can’t get fired up for an 11am game at Kansas. Baylor and Iowa State started off as a pick em, but apparently the public isn’t buying into the WINLESS IN BIG 12 CONFERENCE PLAY Baylor Bears. Kansas State was criticized for winning close games in 2011, but 2012 is a different story. No other team in the nation has a better duo of games on their resume than Kansas State.
5) Which will be higher: The margin of victory for OU over Notre Dame or the margin of victory for OSU over TCU?
Going by the lines, you would pick OU. How much do you all believe in your Cowboys?
6) Which will be higher: Total passing TDs in OSU vs TCU, or total rushing TDs in OU vs Notre Dame
This is a completely random matchup without any consideration of how lopsided it might be.
Which Who will be higher: Casey Pachall tomorrow night or Honey Badger when he’s out of jail?
See you all in Stillwater tomorrow!