Our resident podcast/gambling novice, Matty Amilian, will be bringing you this fun little fake gambling post from here on out for the rest of the Big 12 schedule. Enjoy!
Last week was a success for the OK State bettors, assuming all 42 participants placed $1 on each bet, I would have been out $18 at the end of the day. Josh Stewart’s receiving yards (81) vs OSU total plays (67) sunk me, along with Walsh easily clearing 235 yards. I make a crappy Vegas.
Since we have a bye this weekend, I took a look at some of the matchups around the conference on which I thought you all might be interested in betting some fantasy money. Don’t worry if you lose it all, I will replenish your fake account next week. Yeah, that’s right. I hand out money like I’m Scott Drew.
1) Over/Under Geno Smith Passing Yards (@ Texas): 400 yards
That Texas defense was brutal in Stillwater. I think about Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin and I feel like 400 is such a low number. I’ve retyped this several times because my mind can’t comprehend 400 being a low number for passing yards.
2) Which will be greater: OU Turnovers or Landry Jones passing TDs? (@ TTU)
We have to have a little fun with the Sooners’ troubles, right? I’m hoping you all take the touchdowns so I can double up on the enjoyment after each Tech interception.
3) Over/Under Collin Klein Rushing Yards (vs KU): 78 yards
It’s not a matter of can he rush for 78 yards against KU. I’m just not sure he wants to waste his energy on it. If he wants to prove he’s a dual threat, this is the opponent that will make your weakness look great.
4) Which game will record more total points: Oklahoma-Texas Tech or Kansas-Kansas State
As close as one of the games will be and as lopsided as the other will be, this seems like it could be a pretty close matchup in terms of total points.
5) Over/Under on the point differential between the total points scored in West Virginia-Texas and total points scored in Iowa State-TCU: 39.5 points
For example: WVU/UT total = 120 points & ISU/TCU total = 20 points, the differential is 100. Goodness I’m just getting bored with this bye week.
6) Which will be greater: Landry Jones Rushing Yards (@TTU) or Points OSU scores this weekend?
7) Over/Under on the number of Big 12 teams that hit their scoring average: 3.5
Here are the averages: WVU (53.0) at Texas (47.25), OU (37.33) at Texas Tech (43.75), Kansas (21.0) at Kansas State (40.5), Iowa State (24.25) at TCU (31.75)
You can make your fake bets here.