• Big 12/SEC challenge revealed
• Lon Kruger is not thrilled about Marcus Smart coming back
• Ranking the Big 12 QBs
Joe Randle signs his contract, Justin Blackmon admits his problem, Wes Lunt decides on five schools, and the Arrested Development trailer is pretty spectacular.
Rickie Fowler dressed as Fred Couples, Josh Stewart is better than Hart Lee Dykes (huh?), which freshman will play next year on the football team, and Lunt makes Gundy’s job that much easier.
• Lunt’s HS coach didn’t know he was going to transfer
• OSU has the most complete roster in the Big 12
• Might want to stock up on canned goods
• Big 12 refs are back, guys!
• OSU’s odds to win the Big 12
• Cowboys have one of the greatest college athletes ever
• Champions League in football would be too much
Andy Staples ranks OU, Texas, Baylor, and TCU…but not Oklahoma State. (Sports Illustrated)
OSU’s athletic department makes a lot of money. (USA Today)
Gundy back to being vanilla. (okstate)
Three potential weaknesses for OSU football this year. Don’t know that I agree with OL — K/P should have been on there twice probably. (Rivals)
There’s nothing really going on right now but I tried to keep it lively in ‘other.’
Glen Spencer talks about OSU’s defense, some interesting stuf fin here. (ESPN)
Mike Gundy basically says “you’re welcome, college football” about the new college football playoff. (NewsOK)
Cool all-time NCAA quarterbacks list (OSU has a few). via @bryanmj. (Athlon)
I can’t get excited about this because, well, Herschel Sims. (NewsOK)
Chuck Carlton picks OSU 5th in the Big 12. (Dallas Morning News)
This is great fun: college football coaches by number of Twitter followers. (Tulsa World)
Gina Mizell tells us kind of not that much about where the new guys will fit in. (NewsOK)
Interesting to see OSU not only posting Gundy’s responses but also reaction from bloggers and tweeters (not me, of course, but people you know). (okstate)
Everybody picking OSU = scary. (Athlon)
Thumbs up from me on nine game schedules. (ESPN)
Good next question for Gundy to answer. (Sports Illustrated)
McIntyre has OSU at No. 3. [barfs into office trash can]. (Big Lead)
Football Outsiders has OSU finishing second in the Big 12, gives them a 30% of winning the conference. Texas is 39%, OU 16%, TCU 14%. (ESPN Insider)
Ubbs says they’re No. 1. (ESPN)
Interesting: Nico Ornelas leaves the team and Jeremiah Tshimanga gets moved to DE. (NewsOK)
Are OSU fans ready for OSU to be picked No. 1? (CRFF)
Mike Gundy gets biggest flip-flopper of the spring season. (ESPN)
Here’s the full Blackmon story out of Jacksonville. If I set the over/under at 12.5 more games in a Jags uni, which side of that do you want? (Florida Times-Union)
Is Oklahoma State the Big 12′s new power? (ESPN)
Calvin Barnett could go in the first round next year. h/t @colindjohnston (NFL)
OSU-Texas should be a jewel. (ESPN)
I knew the answers would be boring, but man. (okstate)
Berry says Blackmon put his football career in jeopardy. I concur. (NewsOK)
Lol at Texas in the top 15. (ESPN)
Brendon Morris looks at where Joe Randle fits in on the Cowboys. (Rivals)
Photo Attribution: USATSI
Since Gundy is now taking three questions a day on Twitter “every day for the foreseeable future” I thought I should list the 10 I’d most like to see his answers to1…
1. What do I have to give you to get one minute of footage of you and Monk at a craps table in Vegas?
2. Will you take a pay cut if the words “Bill Self” are involved?
3. Alex Cate’s father: does he have photos of you or Kristen? Or both?
4. How many times have you wished you had a mulligan on naming your kid “Gunner Gundy”?
5. Have you considered eschewing the porcupine look and reverting to the mop-top of the early 1990s? Why or why not?
Oklahoma State Basketball